Updated for 2020
1. Mag 1 Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
MAG 1® Full Synthetic 5W-30 is one of the purest and most advanced motor oil products currently available. Due to its ability to provide unmatched performance and protection, MAG 1® Full Synthetic 5W-30 can provide numerous benefits as listed below:
- MAG 1® Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil meets and exceeds GM dexos1™ Gen 2 specifications for warranty requirements all around the world for all GM automotive gasoline engines currently available. The oils are fully licensed by GM.
- The oil is designed from the ground up to improve fuel mileage and to maximize horsepower as well as acceleration.
- Provides engine protection that lasts longer than typical oils dueto uniform synthetic base oils and advanced molecules that create a strong barrier to control the heat generated by friction. This also allows the engine to better resist wear and keep metal surfaces from coming into contact with important internal mechanisms.
- This motor oil is designed to withstand numerous conditions and workloads. From hot and cold weather to heavy loads, and dirty conditions, MAG 1® Full Synthetic 5W-30 will power through it.
- MAG 1® Full Synthetic 5W-30 meets and exceeds API SP and ILSAC GF-6A requirements.
2. Mobil Super 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Mobil Super™ Synthetic 5W-30 is a full synthetic motor oil designed for the highest tier of performance, providing excellent high temperature protection even under the most stressful of conditions. Created to extend the life of your engine no matter how old the vehicle, this product is another product to consider as it still definitely outperforms typical synthetic blended oil products. Features of Mobil Super™ Synthetic 5W-30 re listed below:
- Mobil Super™ Synthetic 5W-30 exceeds latest industry specifications and is under the protection of an OEM warranty,
- The product offers a warranty for protection for up to 7500 miles or your vehicle’s recommended oil change interval. (Whichever is longer).
- Contains high performance additives that protect against accumulation of sludge deposits and wear.
- The full synthetic formula is able to better protect crucial engine parts and provide easy starting as well as rapid oil circulation in cold weather.
- Can resist up to 400°F of heat, preventing breakdown of oil for long periods of time.
3. Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil
Royal Purple® HPS® Series motor oil is designed specifically to improve performance and meet the high demands of modified engines. HPS is only a product that is recommended for those no longer under the warranty of the manufacturer for their vehicle and are seeking a higher tier of performance that they wish to experience.
Fortified with high levels of zinc/phosphorus anti-wear additives, and integrated with Royal Purple’s proprietary Synerlec® additive technology, HPS is able to provide performance that blasts past leading synthetic and conventional lubricants for both gasoline and diesel engines. Detailed advantages listed below:
- High film strength dramatically reduces engine wear and reduces impact of heat generated as a result of moving parts, thereby extending the life of your engine.
- Horsepower and torque are maximized while optimizing fuel economy as a result of sealing the piston ring and cylinder wall.
- Improved synthetic solvency reduces the deposits from the engine, keeping it clean.
- Wear protection for valve train components which includes performance roller lifter and high lift flat tappet camshafts and lifters.
- Enhanced corrosion protection
One of the best things about this motor oil is its versatility. You can use it both on diesel and gasoline engines. Another of its benefits is its high film power which is 2 to 3 times more effective than other full synthetic oil in the market.
This motor oil is great for preventing metal to metal contact with anti-wear technology to extend the lifespan of the engine. This critical lubrication performance meets both dexos1 and ILSAC GF-5 standards.
4. Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30
Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 is a full synthetic motor oil designed to give drivers only the best performance from their engines. Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 has Fluid TITANIUM Technology which allows any vehicle to unlock its true potential.
Seeing as how friction can waste up to 10% of an engine’s performance, this product could be beneficial for those seeking to further reduce friction and prevent metal on metal contact in high performance engines that are only shrinking and shrinking in size.
Detailed benefits of Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 below:
- This product can improve the film strength by up to 30%, reducing the amount of power lost due to friction.
- 10 times the resistance against high temperatures which can hamper the performance of your engine, ensuring maximum performance.
- Six times stronger against wear compared to the industry standard.
- Improved fuel economy for your vehicle, saving you gas in the tank and money in your pocket.
5. Valvoline SynPower 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
This full synthetic diesel oil runs well with a heavy-duty pick-up truck and other Class 8 trucks as well with modern and emission treatment engineered engines. Another interesting fact about this specific oil is that it fulfills the requirements of Exhaust Gas Circulation (EGR) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) systems when performed under standard and extended service standard.
Further details on benefits of product below:
- Advanced anti-wear additives provide up to 40% more wear protection than the industry standard.
- Protection for cars, trucks and SUV driving in harsh environments or more challenging terrain.
- Full synthetic formula that provides up to 10X better protection against heat generated by moving parts in engine.
- Powerful detergents help fight sludge and provide 25?tter deposit protection than industry standards.
- Meets the API SP classification protecting the latest engine technology
- Superior antioxidants resist motor oil breakdown in extreme conditions
A number of America’s leading engine manufacturers and dealership recommend using Valvoline 5W-40. They are Caterpillar, Navistar, Detroit Diesel, and Mark & Volvo.